All you have to do is to Input all your transactions ("buy" and "sell") into the webpage. Dividends will be automatically updated.
*Note: You can input the transactions one by one, but i recommend using the CSV function that is available in the webpage. Simply export your data into a new Excel worksheet, sort the data according to the SGXcafe's guidelines and "save as" a CSV file.
The Output (Some Best Features)
- Portfolio Value (at previous day close; updated at 6pm)
- Profit/loss figures (based on Portfolio Value - Cost)
- Day change in Portfolio Value
- Individual stock average purchase price
- Upcoming/ Collected Dividends information
- Dividend Strength (metric developed to quantify dividend stability)
- Sharing of Portfolio
- Watchlist, news
You can take a look at my Current Portfolio.
Previously, I have tracked my portfolio using Excel and VBA to get live stock quotes from Yahoo Finance. However, this is a tedious and awkward way to track and share your own portfolio.